NHLA WIL endeavors to identify and reward the best and brightest in the hospitality industry. The Nevada Hotel and Lodging Association has partnered with the Timothy SY Lam Foundation. The Lam Foundation is generously providing a sponsorship for scholarship for a deserving NHLA WIL member.
The NHLA WIL scholarship is open to members pursuing a career objective in the hospitality industry. Some areas in hospitality include:
- Hotel Operations and Management
- Destination Management
- Meeting and Conference Planning
- Wedding and Special Event Planning
- Exhibition and Convention Planning
- Event Catering
- Foodservice Management
- Hotel Concierge
- Hospitality Human Resources
The scholarship can be applied to the following areas:
- Hospitality certifications
- Hospitality related courses (in class or online) at any post-secondary, accredited institution
- Hospitality travel conferences
- Hospitality organization workshops and seminars
- Must attend a minimum of four WIL events per year
- Must volunteer for a minimum of one WIL philanthropic event
- Must have previously served on a WIL committee for two years or agree to serve on a 2017-2018 committee
- Must have participated in at least one WIL mentor session either as a mentor or mentee. Note: The next mentor program begins July 19.
- Must be willing to present personal WIL experience at a future event
Interested NHLA WIL members may apply for the scholarship online. The award committee will announce the recipient at the WIL event in December. The $2000 scholarship may be used in 2018.
NHLA WIL would like to thank the Lam Foundation for sponsoring the WIL scholarship.
“We are so excited to have the opportunity to offer this program to our WIL members,” states Diane Gandy, NHLA and WIL President. “We are very grateful to Anne Browne and the Lam Foundation for their generous sponsorship of the scholarship award. We are looking forward to receiving applications from our membership.”