Will you be joining us at the 2022 NHLA Vendor Showcase? If you are, you will be given the opportunity to have a professional headshot taken at no charge sponsored by TISOH. Is it time for a new profile picture? Experts say we should update our image often. Along with meeting some amazing vendors and hotel colleagues, you have this free chance to update. Be ready…take your best pic!
Become comfortable with having your photo being taken
It is common to be nervous about having your photo being taken.
- Take practice “selfies” before your photo shoot
- Try your outfit, your make up, how you tilt your head, your smile. Find a combination you like and share it with your photographer
- Look at photos on Linked-in to see a style that feels comfortable for you and share that with the photographer
- A smile is always welcoming
Choose your clothing wisely
Your goal is to look confident in your photo, and your clothes should represent the purpose of the photo.
- If your goal is to be in a corporate position, professional attire that represents the role is key
- If your goal is a creative role like sales and events, be creative. Your photo should have a fun energetic feel
- Your clothes show your personality so don’t try something that you are not comfortable wearing, it will come across in the photo
- Select an outfit which makes you feel relaxed and confident
Be present at the photo shoot
Have a clear schedule, don’t rush in or rush out of the shoot.
- Be free enough to review the shots, re-take them, discuss your wants and needs with the photographer
- Have a clear mind to focus on your photo
- Get a good night’s rest
- Drink lots of water
- Avoid salty items the day before to prevent puffiness
Visualize great photos
Walk in like you know the photos are going to be great. Confidence shows in the photos. Visualize the perfect result and aim for that. Your smile is your greatest attribute…use it freely!
Attendance at the NHLA Vendor Showcase is complimentary for members. Sign up now. It is going to be a productive and fun morning. We have great raffle prizes including a $500 Amazon gift card. We have the fantastic sponsored photo opportunity. Lastly, we have a panel of professionals to address the supply chain challenges our hotels and businesses are dealing with today.
Big thank you to TISOH (The International School of Hospitality) for being a great supporter and participant at our upcoming NHLA Vendor Showcase.